I haven’t decided yet whether this list will be for the genus euphorbia or the entire family euphorbiaceae. Let’s get started and see what turns up. Either way, they’re all poisonous, and none of them are poinsettias.
10. Euphorbia ammak
9. E. “Helena’s Blush” – This was very popular this year. We’re not usually big on the variegated spurges.
8. E. tirucallii, aka Milk Bush, Pencil Cactus and Firesticks.
7. E. ledienii – seems quite cactus-like, now that I think of it.
6. E. gariepina – this would have ranked higher if Hap were making this list.
5. E. myrsinites, the Donkey Tail Spurge
4. E. lomi “Salmon”
3. E. lactea crest “Ghost”
2. E. stenoclada
And the number one Euphorbia for 2009 is…
1. E. anoplia – Sweet!